QUESTIONS & ANSWERS
1. What is Sherpa?
– Sherpa is the name for an ethnic group in Nepal, or the Himalayas. They are often employed as guides for mountaineering expeditions. Known for their climbing and survival skills, Sherpas provide the knowledge and expertise required to scale one of the most treacherous mountain ranges in the world. Compass Sherpa will guide your company to new heights by providing our expertise and tools to reach your Sales Goals!
2. Does the CRM manage Outlook integration – and how?
– Sherpa has a robust integration with Outlook that allows you to initiate an email from Sherpa and have a copy of it saved in your Sherpa database. It allows you to sync emails automatically from any desired contact directly into your Sherpa database whenever that contact emails you. It also allows syncing of calendar appointments.
3. What is the difference between live ERP integration and a nightly “data transfer”?
– Live ERP integration allows users to see accurate and up to date information directly in the ERP link, including service calls, meter reads, contract information, etc. A nightly data transfer would override any changes the rep made in the account whether it is company information or equipment information. It is also only as accurate as the last time the information was transferred in. For that reason, Sherpa always allows for a live integration between the ERP system and Sherpa. This also gives the reps the ability to see live information from the field while working with the customer, using SherpaGo.
4. What are the hardware requirements for Sherpa and does it need its own dedicated server?
– A dedicated server or VM is recommended but not required. Sherpa tables are stored in a Microsoft SQL format and are compatible with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 – Microsoft SQL Server 2014 release using both Full SQL or SQL Express, along with Microsoft Server OS 2008 – Microsoft Server OS 2012 R2. The server/VM should have a minimum 2.6GHz Quad Core Processor with a minimum 16GM Ram and 100G hard drive space available, and will require a minimum of 1 available CAL. Compass Sherpa is built in Microsoft .Net platform and is compatible with Windows 7 through the current Microsoft release Windows 10. When Microsoft stops supporting Windows Vista, we will have to stop supporting it as well. It is recommended that the machine have a minimum 2GHz or faster duel core processer and a minimum 4G Ram. It is recommended to have approximately 20G of free hard drive space for best performance from your machine.
5. Can the pricing/forms be customized to our company?
– Yes. During Implementation, your dedicated Implementation Coordinator will work with you to get your pricing for equipment, service, lease and MPS set up in Sherpa with any pricing levels, plans, additional fees, etc. Our Professional Services team will work with you during Implementation to either help you get your current forms and templates bookmarked to populate directly from Sherpa or show you how to use the sample forms that come standard with the installation to customize for your company.
6. Why do you populate lease tracker with data from the leasing company excel download versus just taking it directly from our ERP?
– Not all ERP systems have the ability to store lease information. Those that do are not always kept up to date with accurate lease information, payments remaining, buyout amounts, etc. For that reason and in order to be consistent, no matter which ERP system a company uses, Sherpa can be mapped to an excel file which allows the up to date information directly from the leasing company to be uploaded into Sherpa. Activities can be set for follow-ups, and risk reports can be ran to ensure Current Customer retention.
7. Can we do blended MPS and MFP transactions?
– Yes, Sherpa allows for simple quick quote equipment proposals, MPS only proposals, or full MFP proposals combining printers, service and hardware.